Saturday, March 14, 2009
Just an idea...
I have become rather infatuated with blogs lately (big grin). I tend to spend waaaaay too much time looking at blogs. Well, looking at blogs and spending countless hours on Sonlight's website drooling over all of their books and curriculm. (shhh...don't tell my husband) All of this web surfing has led to a messy house. Really messy. So, I have come up with a plan. Imagine that. Another plan. My plan that I reently implemented was that I used my favorites to organize my blogs. I made a folder under "blogs" for each day of the week (7 folders). Then, I divided up the blogs that I read under each day of the week. When that day of the week rolls around I only read the blogs under that day's folder. This keeps me from wasting too much time looking at blogs. I still spend a good 30-45 mins. looking at blogs while my children are having their naps or in the morning with a good cup of coffee, but this is quite a bit less than what it was before I organized my blogs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So organized! :) AND...disciplined! Wow.
ReplyDeleteI just 'follow' them with the blogger 'follow' tool. I go to my dashboard on google, scroll down, and under the list of my blogs is a section that says: Reading List, Blogs I Follow. And, like magic, the newest posts from the blogs i read show up! That way I don't waste time going to a blog that hasn't been updated. It saves me time, and I can read just a bit of the post. If I like what i read, I can click on it to read the rest of the post.
Did you already know about this?